Assignment #1 - Working Windows 2000 Server, User Accounts
Due Date: September 18, 2003
Value: 10 points total
- Send the instructor an e-mail telling when you have completed the first part. Include the account and password for the instructor. Include the root password for your system. email@example.com.
- Post an e-mail to the class list containing the written part of the assignment (part 2). Use the following subject line: Your Name - Assignment 1
Part 1 (8 pts)
Install Windows 2000 on your assigned server.
- Format Your Server
- Install and Configure Windows 2000 as per the readings
- Assign IP and DNS information to get workstation apps operational
- Create User Accounts for Team and Instructor
Part 2 (2 pts)
- Locate and read, from any professional journal, one article relevant to the area of Educational Networking. Write a two paragraph review for each article. The 1st paragraph should describe the contents of the article. The 2nd paragraph should be your reaction to the article. Do not forget to include the reference cite. Use APA format.
- Reply to at least two postings in a meaningful manner. Be sure to include
your name in the subject line like: Re: There Name - A1 - Your Name. Where A1 is the assignment number (a2, a3, etc).