Assignment #1 - Basic PHP
Due Date: Sept 20, 2006
Value: 15 points total
- Send the instructor an e-mail with the URL of the first half of the assignment (URL). email@example.com.
- Post an e-mail to the class list containing the written part of the assignment (part 2). Use the following subject line: Your Name - Assignment 1
Part 1 (12 pts)
Using HTML and PHP develop three interlinked pages that accomplish the following:
- the first page, called index.html will be placed in a sub-dir called assign1
- it will generate a HTML table using PHP to display a multiplication table from 1 to 12. PHP would generate this table using a nesting loop. Simple Example of the HTML output from the PHP code (that covers 1 to 3):
<table border="1" frame="border">
- the second page
- will provide links to the first and third page.
- Display the current date and time in readable form (see page 172)
- If the time is between 6am and 12noon display a graphic that shows morning time, if the time is between 12noon and 6pm, display a graphic that shows afternoon time, if the time is between 6pm and 12midnight display a graphics that shows evening, if the time is between 12midight and 6am display a graphic that shows dead of night.
- Based on the date, display the semester during the 2005 UNT academic calendar.
- If the date is Christmas display a message saying so....if it is not Christmas, display the number of days until Christmas from the current date.
- the final page
- provide links to page 1 and page 2
- display the phpinfo output
Test Data: None
Expected Code: Student defined
Part 2 (3 pts)
- Locate and read, from any professional journal, two articles relevant to the area of Open Source. Write a two paragraph review for each article. The 1st paragraph should describe the contents of the article. The 2nd paragraph should be your reaction to the article. Do not forget to include the reference cite. Use APA format.
- Reply to at least three postings in a meaningful manner. Be sure to include
your name in the subject line like: Re: There Name - Assignment #1 - Your Name