Assignment #2 - Introduction to CSS
Due Date: October 4, 2010
Value: 10 points total
- Post to the course forum when your assignment is available for viewing (your name and URL to the assignment).
- Post to the class fourm the written part of the assignment (part 2).
- For this assignment, you will create your first CSS-based web site.
- Using the Practice Assignment in Session 3 of the book (p. 187 5th ed) create the master page for your site using the Sunny Acres example.
- Download the Data Files you need.
- Follow the 17 steps to create the page.
- Once you have created this page, then using CSS, changing the graphics, colors, etc, alter the look and feel of the page for your unique content.
- Note: The files being used from the publisher do not contain a DocType declaration. You will need to add one. See Specifying a DocType in Antanomy of HTML to get the proper code for an XHTML 1.0 Transitional DocType declaration and add it to the files as required.
- Using the master layout you created, you will duplicate this page for each content page in this assignment's web pages.
- Using CSS/HTML, create a website (5+ pages) that provides content regarding a hobby or interest. The HTML must contain at least the following items:
- An "index.html" page.
- A minimum of 5 HTML pages (including the "index.html" page above), but no more than 10 pages total. The web pages need to be interlinked.
- All pages must be layed out using CSS as the page format.
- The site must use an external style sheet.
- Create a background using CSS.
- Create an Image Map on the index.html page
- User elements from previous assignments as necessary.
- It must display acceptably on Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- All web pages must contain validated html with no errors.
- Locate and read, from any professional conference, journal, article, online source, two articles relevant to the course that cover copyright issues on web content and use. Write a two paragraph review for each article. The 1st paragraph should describe the contents of the article. The 2nd paragraph should be your reaction to the article. Do not forget to include the reference cite. Use APA format.
- Reply to at least two postings in a meaningful manner.