Additional Course Links
The following links are additional resource links from Dr. Jones' Delicious Site and from the Web.
August 26 - September 13, 2010
- Course Notes:
- Course Review
- Review Assignments
- Look over Textbook
- Discussions and Quizs Submissions are on Moodle.
- Schedule and Readings
- Review this schedule
- Note Assignment Due Dates
- Section Notes (below) hilight topcis or areas in the readings that you should be sure to review.
- See the details on the course syllabus with regards to materials.
- Uploading Assignments and Files to your Classes Account
- The course will be using classes.lt.unt.edu for assignment upload and presentation. The instructor will provide additional details on using the server.
- If you have problems getting to the classes.lt.unt.edu page check the following solutions depending on your browser Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- You will need software to transfer your files onto the Course server.
- UPLOADED A TEST FILE (i.e. graphic, text file, etc) AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IN ORDER TO ENSURE YOU CAN ACCESS classes.lt.unt.edu BEFORE THE FIRST ASSIGNMENT IS DUE.
- Details on using classes.lt.unt.edu are found below and on the classes system under "Server Use Instructions"
- Chapter 1 - An Overview of Networking
- Chapter 2 - The Benefits of Networking
- Chapter 3 - Getting Data from Here to There: How Networking Works
|Uploading to classes.lt.unt.edu
This captivate will run through how to use winscp to upload your content to classes.lt.unt.edu.
BE SURE that you upload into the course directory (i.e. LTEC_4550_020 or CECS_4560_020) which will be under the SEMESTER directory. That will be two directories below the directory that your SFTP program will place you, which will be named your EUID.
|Assignment 1 Overview
This presentation covers what is required for assignment 1.
- Other Notes:
- Practice uploading to course account.
- Assignment 1 Discussion, Quiz, Projects Due
September 14 - October 4, 2010
- Chapter 4 - Computer Concepts
- Chapter 5 - Network Concepts
- Chapter 6 - Extending LANs and Wide Area Networks (WANs)
- Chapter 7 - Mobile Wireless Networking
- Chapter 8 - Remote Networking
- Chapter 9 - Planning for the Networking
- Chapter 10 - Designing a Network
- Cable Bandwidths and Distances
- Bandwidth by Service
- Wireless (pdf)
- Cables (pdf)
|Assignment 2 Overview
This presentation covers what is required for assignment 2.
- Other Notes:
- Assignment 2 Discussion, Quiz, Projects Due
October 5 - October 25, 2010
- Chapter 11 - Selecting Network Hardware and Software
- Chapter 12 - Assembling a Network
- Chapter 13 - Network Applications
- Chapter 14 - Connecting to the Internet: Initial Operations
- Chapter 15 - Connecting to the Internet: Key Supporting Operations
- Chapter 16 - Microsoft Networking
- Chapter 17 - UNIX and Linux Networking
|Assignment 3 Overview
This presentation covers the elements of assignment 3.
- Other Notes:
- Assignment 3 Discussion, Quiz, Projects Due
- Submit your topic for Assignment 5
October 26 - November 15, 2010
- Chapter 18 - Putting the Pieces Together
- Chapter 19 - Role of the Network Administrator
- Chapter 20 - Security
- Chapter 21 - Managing a Network
- Chapter 22 - Network Troubleshooting
- Chapter 23 - A Day in the Life of a Network Administrator
- Chapter 24 - Where are Networks Going from Here?
|Assignment 4 Overview
This presentation covers the elements of assignment 4.
November 16 - December 6, 2010 (Paper)
|Assignment 5 Overview
This presentation convers the elements of assignment.