Assignment #1 - Flyer
Due Date: September 13, 2010
Value: 12 points total
- Post to the appropriate forum with the URLs of the assignment located on the classes server when your project is ready to be graded.
- Post to the forum containing the written part of the assignment (part 2).
Assignment 1 create a flyer
Create a 8.5x11" flyer. Choose a topic that would communicate something about yourself and your interest to the class:
- Create a flyer that fills a 8.5x11" sheet
- Use multiple images, type, and other tools to create your flyer
- You may use images from the Book, found on the Internet, or scanned in.
- At least one image should be scanned in
- Adjust one or more images using hilights and shadows
- Use adjust levels to make the images look better
- Use tools and procedures covered in Chapters 2-5
- Use the examples in the chapters covered to design your flyer (i.e. logos, design, layout, etc)
- Place each image into its own layer
- Upload the PSD and GIF version of the flyer to the student area (yourname_assign1.psd, yourname_assign1.gif).
Examples of Flyers from the Book:
- Locate and read, from any professional conference, journal, article, online source, two articles relevant to the process of graphic design layout and style. Write a two paragraph review for each article. The 1st paragraph should describe the contents of the article. The 2nd paragraph should be your reaction to the article. Do not forget to include the reference cite. Use APA format.
- Post to the class forum the written part of the assignment. One posting per article.
- Reply to at least two postings in a meaningful manner.