Assignment #3 - Web Page Graphics
Due Date: November 15, 2010
Value: 12 points total
- Post to the course forum when your assignment is available for grading.
- Post to the class forum containing the written part of the assignment (part 2).
Assignment 3 create a web page using Photoshop Image Slices
and select a template and download.
- Open the PSD version of the web site.
- Edit the various layers as necessary to make it fit your needs
- Use tools and procedures covered in Chapters 2-11
- Review the Captivate that covers how to manage layers and web slices to output web pages. Note: This is not the newer method of using CSS (which is covered in LTEC 3260 and CECS 5420), but does do the trick.
- Chapter 11 of the book also covers how to deal with slices and web pages
- Modify the different layers in the photoshop file to create your version of the web site
- When finsihed, output the HTML, images, etc and test in your browser
- Upload the modified PSD, a gif image of the original PSD layout, the html file photoshop created, and the image folder.
Example of the slice layers:
- Locate information sites of your choosing that pertain to advanced layout and design techniques and approaches. Post to the class list.
- Reply to at least two postings in a meaningful manner.