Assignment #3 - Web Page Graphics
Due Date: May 27
Value: 15 points total
- Post to the course forum when your assignment is available for grading.
- Post to the class forum containing the written part of the assignment (part 2).
Assignment 3 creates a web page using Photoshop Image Slices. See Chapter 13 of the textbook.
and select a template and download.
- Note: The files on this site are stored in RAR formatand will require a program unarchive. Windows users try 7-zip and Mac users try UnRarX to unarchive the files. This will provide you with a folder of items to use.
- Open the PSD version of the web site.
- Edit the various layers as necessary to make it fit your needs
- Use tools and procedures covered in Chapters 2-13
- Review the Captivate that covers how to manage layers and web slices to output web pages. Note: This is not the newer method of using CSS (which is covered in LTEC 3260 and CECS 5420 web authoring), but does do the trick.
- Chapter 13 of the book covers how to deal with slices and web pages
- Modify the different layers in the photoshop file to create your version of the web site
- When finished, output the HTML, images, etc and test in your browser
- Upload the modified PSD, a gif image of the original PSD layout, the html file photoshop created, and the image folder.
Example of the slice layers:
- Locate and read, from any professional conference, journal, article, online source, two articles relevant to advanced layout and design techniques and approaches. Write a two paragraph review for each article. The 1st paragraph should describe the contents of the article. The 2nd paragraph should be your reaction to the article. Do not forget to include the reference cite. Use APA format.
- Post to the class forum the written part of the assignment. One posting per article.
- Reply to at least two postings in a meaningful manner.