Due Date: April 29, 2003 (an extra week for this assignment)
Value: 15 points total
Submission: Group Choice of a Service or Application
- Send the instructor an e-mail telling when you have completed the first part. Send along the system name and any information about how to access the service or application email@example.com.
- Post an e-mail to the class list containing the written part of the assignment (part 2). Use the following subject line: Your Name - Assignment 6
Part 1 (10 pts)
- Choose a Service or Application that runs on a service to install on your server.
- Send the instructor an e-mail telling what service or application you have
chosen to install for assignment 6 and explain the educational purpose, use,
or relevance of the service/application. firstname.lastname@example.org.
The instructor will then e-mail back an acceptance or request additional information.
- Upon completion of the assignment,send the instructor an e-mail telling when you have completed the first part. Include information on how the rest of the class can access and use your service/application. email@example.com.
- Post an e-mail to the class list containing information on your service and how they can access or use it.
Part 2 (5 pts)
- Locate and read, from any professional journal, two articles that discuss an Internet service that we have yet to cover in the course that you think is interesting or would be useful in education. Write a two paragraph review for each article. The 1st paragraph should describe the contents of the article. The 2nd paragraph should be your reaction to the article. Do not forget to include the reference cite. Use APA format.
- Reply to at least two postings in a meaningful manner. Be sure to include
your name in the subject line like: Re: There Name - Assignment #6 - Your Name