Due Date:March 30, 2004
Value: 10 points total
- Send the instructor an e-mail containing the URL for the first half of the assignment. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post an e-mail to the class list containing the written part of the assignment (part 2). Use the following subject line: Your Name - Assignment 4
Part 1 (7 pts)
Using HTML, create a website with a simple instructional tutorial incorporating a unified theme (different from previous work). The HTML must contain at least the following items:
Test Data: None
- An "index.html" page that contains: Your name
- A minimum of 5 main HTML pages (including the "index.html" page above. You are going to have more than 5 HTML pages when using frames), but no more than 10 main pages total. The web pages need to be interlinked.
- The pages use frames
- User elements from previous assignments as necessary
- It must display acceptably on Netscape 4.x and Internet Explorer 5.0 and later.
Output: Student Defined
Expected Code: Student must use one or more of the above items in the submitted code.
Part 2 (3 pts)
- Locate 4 web sites of your choosing that are educationally relvent to this course and that use advanced layout techniques (Frames/CSS). Critically evaluate the websites - what did you like, what did you hate if anything, what layout technique did they use, and provide a summary of what the site is doing or provides. Post to the class list.
- Reply to at least two postings in a meaningful manner. Be sure to include
your name in the subject line like: Re: There Name - Assignment #4 - Your Name