Assignment #3 - More CSS with Tables and Other Stuff
Due Date: Mar 22, 2010
Value: 10 points total
- Post to the course forum when your assignment is available for viewing.
- Send the instructor an e-mail containing the URL for the first half of the assignment.
- Post to the class forum containing the written part of the assignment (part 2).
Part 1 (7 pts)
For this assignment, you will create a new CSS layout that is of your own design.
Using your new CSS/HTML layout, create a website.
Your choice on content materials, as long as it is different from previous course content. Use new and unique content for each assignment.
The HTML must contain at least the following items:
- An "index.html" page
- A minimum of 5 main HTML pages (including the "index.html" page above), but no more than 10 main pages total. The web pages need to be interlinked.
- The pages use only CSS as the layout
- The pages use an external style sheet
- Use classes
- Provide Rollover Effects (on links)
- Use Overflow
- Use Clipping
- Provide two or more Tables where colors and other effects are determined by the CSS not the HTML.
- Use Colspan and RowSpan in one or more of the tables.
- Provide at least an example floating content on one or more pages
- Provide at least one Formatted Styles List
- Use elements from previous assignments as necessary.
- It must display acceptably on Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- All web pages must contain validated html with no errors.
Part 2 (3 pts)
- Locate information sites of your choosing that pertain to advanced layout techniques (tables, CSS, frames, etc). Critically evaluate the websites - what did you like, what did you hate if anything, what layout technique did they use, and provide a summary of what the site is doing or provides. Post to the class list.
- Reply to at least two postings in a meaningful manner.