Assignment #3 - More CSS with Tables and Other Stuff
Due Date: March 21
Value: 10 points total
- Post to the course forum when your assignment is available for viewing.
- Post to the class forum containing the written part of the assignment (part 2).
- For this assignment, you will create a new CSS layout that is of your own design.
- Using your new CSS/HTML layout, create a website.
- Your choice on content materials, as long as it is different from previous course content. Use new and unique content for each assignment.
- The HTML must contain at least the following items:
- An "index.html" page
- A minimum of 5 main HTML pages (including the "index.html" page above), but no more than 10 main pages total. The web pages need to be interlinked.
- The pages use only CSS as the layout
- The pages use a single external style sheet
- Use classes
- Provide Rollover Effects (on links)
- Use Overflow
- Provide two or more Tables where colors and other effects are determined by the CSS not the HTML.
- Use Colspan and RowSpan in one or more of the tables.
- Provide at least an example floating content on one or more pages
- Provide at least one Formatted Styles List
- Use elements from previous assignments as necessary.
- It must display acceptably on Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- All web pages must contain validated html with no errors.
- Locate information sites of your choosing that pertain to advanced layout techniques (tables, CSS, frames, etc). Critically evaluate the websites - what did you like, what did you hate if anything, what layout technique did they use, and provide a summary of what the site is doing or provides. Post to the class list.
- Reply to at least two postings in a meaningful manner.