Assignment #4 - Research Paper
- May 1 - Presentation
- May 8 - Paper
Value: 25 points
- 10 points - presentation
- 25 points - paper
Each student will write a research paper using the sections from the previous assignments. The final research paper is an indivdual effort with the previous sections having been done with their team. The student will need to add a short section B (Lit Review) and section E (Conclusion). They will also need to complete Section D, Part 3 on the interviews with the data collection and analysis completed by their team. Section B and E will be your unique work.
Have a minimum of 10-20 references (APA Style).
You will likely have more.
Students will prepare to give a 10-15min presentation.
This is a formal paper. Please follow these common rules:
- Avoid personalizing the paper and avoid using the word, "I". Although you are posting a final copy, this paper should not be in the form and tone of your discussions posts.
- This is a research paper, do not include opinions until the conclusion of the paper. This means avoiding, "I think" and "I believe" in the main body of the text.
- All statement of fact and any conclusions must be based on facts, which means facts and conclusions must be referenced in APA format.
- Review the rules on APA grammar especially the comma rule.
- If you do not know how to make an APA reference, please don't guess. The online APA reference and using google should be able to get you to the correct format of a reference. APA also offers a tutorial.
- As this is a research paper, you must have references. To avoid plagiarism, take careful notes as you research to keep track of all sources and collect the information you need to cite them properly. When your final paper is run through turnitin, then anything it finds as existing materials from the Internet or another paper is perfectly valid if you have cited/referenced the information. This final paper is about learning something new and writing about it in order to create new knowledge that is shared. While the paper needs to be in your words (i.e. don't copy and paste), we expect that you have had to research the information in the paper, thus requiring references to be cited.
- A paper of this length is more than likely going to have a lot more than 20 references. For an article I wrote recently of this lengthy it had over 50 references.