Assignment #5 - Paper on a Instructional Technology
Due Date: April 30
Value: 20 points total
- Post to the course forum your assignment when completed (17 points)
- Post a summary (between 400 and 500 words) to the course blog that summarizes your final paper (3 points)
- Select a Instructional Systems Technology to do research on and write a paper about.
- A system is the equipment and software that facilitates some form of instruction.
- The focus is on the system
- What it is? (hardware and software)
- How it works? (the system works)
- Who uses it? (this should not be the bulk of any paper)
- What impact does it have on instruction?
- Some part of the paper should discuss educational applications.
- Write an expository paper about the instructional system and why it is important to education/training/teaching/learning/society.
- Post an abstract concerning the paper by the due date on assignment 4.
- Write a 1500 word paper on the topic selected
- Paper should inculde references as necessary
- Paper should be in APA format
This is a formal paper. Please follow these common rules:
- Avoid personalizing the paper and avoid using the word, "I". Although you are posting a final copy, this paper should not be in the form and tone of your discussions posts.
- This is a research paper, do not include opinions until the conclusion of the paper. This means avoiding, "I think" and "I believe" in the main body of the text.
- All statement of fact and any conclusions must be based on facts, which means facts and conclusions must be referenced in APA format.
- Review the rules on APA grammar especially the comma rule.
- If you do not know how to make an APA reference, please don't guess. The online APA reference and using google should be able to get you to the correct format of a reference. APA also offers a tutorial.
- As this is a research paper, you must have references. To avoid plagiarism, take careful notes as you research to keep track of all sources and collect the information you need to cite them properly. When your final paper is run through turnitin, then anything it finds as existing materials from the Internet or another paper is perfectly valid if you have cited/referenced the information. This final paper is about learning something new and writing about it in order to create new knowledge that is shared. While the paper needs to be in your words (i.e. don't copy and paste), we expect that you have had to research the information in the paper, thus requiring references to be cited.
- A paper of this length is more than likely going to have a lot more than 20 references. For an article I wrote recently of this lengthy it had over 50 references.