Assignment #3 - VNC and Wiki
Due Date: March 12
Value: 10 points total
- Post your proposed Wiki content before starting the assignment.
- Post the URL of the first assignment to the assignment moodle forum (i.e. swiki).
- Post a message to the moodle containing the written part of the assignment (part 2).
Part 1 (7 pts)
- Open Port for Service
- Turn on NX No Machine and begin a session (see schedule)
- Configure that session for GNOME desktop
- Submit a topic to the correct moodle forum concerning the contents of your Wiki. Choose a topic area from this course and then build wiki content to reflect that topic. Let the instructor know what your content area will be before the assignment is due.
- Configure the Simple Wiki Server (Download swiki software)
- Open Port for Service (see schedule.
- Each team member will work to develop the content for the wiki.
- Download, compile and install Wireshark
Part 2 (3 pts)
- Locate and read, from any professional journal, two articles relevant to the area of Linux Secuirty. Write a two paragraph review for each article. The 1st paragraph should describe the contents of the article. The 2nd paragraph should be your reaction to the article. Do not forget to include the reference cite. Use APA format.
- Reply to at least two postings in a meaningful manner.