CECS 5400Educational Telecommunications
Key Terms and Concepts
2. Suppose someone from Honolulu
connects to ourfrom Honolulu connects to ourm Honolulu connects to our
VAX in Denton via phone line. How long will it take for a character the
person types to appear on his/her screen.
3. Explain the relationship between
the terms azimuth, elevation, longitude, and latitude. How are they used
to decide where to pointude. How are they used to decide where to point
a satellite dish ?
4. Suppose you are the minister of education in Gondawannaland. Your job is to decide what kinds of telecommunication systems should be made available to students in education.
1) select five (5) available
alternatives and 2) describe why each would or would not be recommended
by you. Limit your answer to this page.
5. The following message was
transmitted over an asychronous communication line with the settings 7,E,1asynchronous
communication line with the settings 7,E,1. The order of transmission is
(left to right) start bit, parity bit, data bits (high order first), stop
bit(s). Decipher the message.