Acoustic Coupler ANSI Answer Answer Asynchronous Asynchronous bandwidth Baseband baud BBS Bell 103 Bell 202 Bell 212 binary code bits per second Broadband Bus Carrie Sense Carrier CCITT V.22bis character prompt Cluster Coaxial Cable Contention Method data bits downlink download (capture) Echo Off (no echo) Echo On (Local Ec) Echo On (Local Echo EHF ELF Fiber Optic Full Duplex Full Duplex geostationary gigahertz Half Duplex Half Duplex Handshaking HF ISO OSI kilohertz LAN LF
log file MAN megahertz MF Microwave Modem Narrow Band Originate Originate PAL Parallel parity polar orbit Radio Frequency Spectrum Ribbon Cable Ring scan lines Serial Serial SHF Simplex Simplex Star start bit stop bit(s) Synchronous Synchronous timed delay Token PasFile Server Topology transponder Transponder TTY Twisted Pair UHF uplink upload (transmit) VF VHF Video Conferencing video lines video retrace (video blanking) VLF VT100 WAN XON - XOFF
1. How may geostationary satellites would be required to cover the entire earth ? Where would you locate them and why ?
Essay Q1 audio ra 20min
2. Suppose someone from Honolulu connects to ourfrom Honolulu connects to ourm Honolulu connects to our VAX in Denton via phone line. How long will it take for a character the person types to appear on his/her screen.
Essay Q2 audio ra 5min
3. Explain the relationship between the terms azimuth, elevation, longitude, and latitude. How are they used to decide where to pointude. How are they used to decide where to point a satellite dish ?
Essay Q3 audio ra 3min
4. Suppose you are the minister of education in Gondawannaland. Your job is to decide what kinds of telecommunication systems should be made available to students in education.
1) select five (5) available alternatives and 2) describe why each would or would not be recommended by you. Limit your answer to this page.
Essay Q4 audio ra 5min
5. The following message was transmitted over an asychronous communication line with the settings 7,E,1asynchronous communication line with the settings 7,E,1. The order of transmission is (left to right) start bit, parity bit, data bits (high order first), stop bit(s). Decipher the message.