Additional Course Links
The following links are additional resource links from Dr. Jones' Delicious Site and from the Web.
June 7 - June 14, 2010
- Course Notes:
- Course Review
- Review Assignments
- Look over Textbook
- Discussions and Quizs Submissions are on Moodle.
- Schedule and Readings
- Review this schedule
- Note Assignment Due Dates
- Fundamental Concepts & Definitions:
- Key Terms and Questions for Course
- CSN Chapter 1 - Fundamentals of the Technology: Concepts and Definitions
- CSN Chapter 2 - Fundamentals of Transmission Systems: Technologies and Applications
An Introduction to this course from 1998. An oldie, but keeper.
|Assignment 1 Overview
This presentation covers what is required for assignment 1.
June 15 - June 28, 2010
- History of Telecommunications & Societal Impact
- CSN Chapter 15 - Regulations: Issues and Answers
- CSN Chapter 14 - Network Convergence
- Distance Learning (pdf)
- Distance Education Assumptions (image)
- Ashton, J. Virtual Schools & Universities. Denton, TX: Texas Center for Educational Technology. pages 4-6.
- Mortensen, M., & Knezek, G. (1994) Teaching in a Two-way Video and Audio Distance Learning Classroom: Perspectives from the First Year. The Eleventh International Conference on Technology in Education.
- Jones, J. G., & Knezek, G. (1994). Ingredients for successful distance education. New Technologies, 2(2), 6-8.
- Lai, K. (1997) Interactivity in Web-Based Learning: Some Observations Based on a Web-Based Course about CMC in Education in Collis, B. & Knezek, G. Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age. Eugene, OR: International Society for Technology in Education.
- Jones, J. G., Warren, S. J., & Robertson, M. (2009). Increasing student discourse to support rapport building in web and blended courses using a 3D Online Learning Environment. Journal of Interactive Learning Research, 20(3), 269-294. (pdf)
- Digital Communications
- CSN Chapter 4 - Messaging Systems: Facsimile, Voice Processing, and E-mail
- Sythesized email movie 4min (1988)
- CSN Chapter 5 - Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
- CSN Chapter 6 - Fundamentals of Data Communications
- CSN Chapter 13 - Video and Multimedia Networking
- The Internet
- CSN Chapter 12 - The Internet and World Wide Web
|Assignment 2 Overview
This presentation covers what is required for assignment 2.
- Other Notes:
- Assignment 2 Discussion, Quiz, Projects Due
June 29 - July 12, 2010
- CSN Chapter 8 - Local Area Networks: Connectivity and Internetworking
- CSN Chapter 11 - Wireless Networking: Emphasis on Mobility
|Assignment 3 Overview
This presentation covers the elements of assignment 3.
- Other Notes:
- Assignment 3 Discussion, Quiz, Projects Due
- Submit your topic for Assignment 5
July 13 - July 26, 2010
- CSN Chapter 7 - Conventional Digital and Data Networks
- CSN Chapter 9 - Broadband Network Infrastructure
- CSN Chapter 10 - Broadband Network Services: Frame Relay, SMDS, ATM, etc
|Assignment 4 Overview
This presentation covers the elements of assignment 4.
- Other Notes:
- Assignment 4 Quiz, Discussions, and Projects Due
July 13 - August 9, 2010 (Paper)
|Assignment 5 Overview
This presentation convers the elements of assignment.