Fairfield Independent School District
(Some) Characteristics of Gifted Children
- Has unusually advanced vocabulary for age or grade
- Gifted children are children first and gifted second.
- Gifted children are not always highly motivated.
- Gifted children are not gifted in every area.
- Gifted children think differently.
- Easily bored and has own ideas about how things should be done.
- Becomes involved and truly absorbed in certain topics.
- Asks lots of questions and has quick mastery and recall of factual
- Shows emotional sensitivity.
- Is interested in adult topics.