- Exactly three cards of the same value.
- Four sequential cards of the same suit. A run contains exactly four cards except during round seven.
- Laying off
- Playing one's cards on another's sets or runs. A player must meld before laying off. No new sets or runs are created by laying off
- Going out
- Discarding the last card (except in round seven)
- To "play." The first placement of cards by any player in each round.
- The Contracts
- Specific sets or runs required in each round. There are seven rounds. Players are dealt 10 cards for the first three rounds and 12 cards for the last four rounds.
Created by: Ric Anzaldua (e-mail).
Created: July 10, 2003