Due Date: July 14, 2003
Value: 20 points total
- Send the instructor an e-mail containing the URL for the first half of the assignment. firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Post an e-mail to the class list containing the written part of the assignment (part 2). Use the following subject line: Your Name - Assignment 1
Part 1 (15 pts)
Using HTML, create a website with a simple instructional tutorial incorporating a unified theme. The HTML must contain at least the following items:
Test Data: None
- An "index.html" page that contains: Your name, Intended primary and secondary audience , Key learning objective(s) for the site.
- A minimum of 5 HTML pages (including the "index.html" page above), but no more than 10 pages total. The web pages need to be interlinked.
- Multiple Paragraphs.
- Multiple hyperlinks to other websites.
- Bold and Italic fonts.
- At least three font sizes.
- Multiple .gif or .jpg image. Graphics of appropriate size, format, and content to reinforce the instructional content of the site. The site must contain at least 7 graphic images.
- Use a image in the background on at least one page
- Use a color for a background on at least one page
- Use two Horizontal Line's of at least two different sizes
- It must display acceptably on Netscape 4.x and Internet Explorer 5.0 and later.
Output: Student Defined
Expected Code: Student must use one or more of the above items in the submitted code. The code cannot be generated by an authoring tool.
Part 2 (5 pts)
- Locate and read, from any professional journal, two articles relevant to the area of "acceptable use" of Web Pages with minors and/or in a K-12 setting. Write a two paragraph review for each article. The 1st paragraph should describe the contents of the article. The 2nd paragraph should be your reaction to the article. Do not forget to include the reference cite. Use APA format.
- Reply to at least two postings in a meaningful manner. Be sure to include
your name in the subject line like: Re: There Name - Assignment #1 - Your Name