Due Date: July 21, 2003
Value: 20 points total
- Send the instructor an e-mail telling when you have completed the first part. The instructor will access your server via SFTP, SSH, and VNC to test configuration. The instructor should be able to upload files via SFTP firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your system and group's information.
- Post an e-mail to the class list containing the written part of the assignment (part 2). Use the following subject line: Your Name - Assignment 2
Part 1 (15 pts)
- Configure your Firewall
- Configure SSH and SFTP access
- Configure and install VNC
- Turn off all other Internet Services (no access to web, etc)
Part 2 (5 pts)
- Locate and read, from any professional journal, two articles that discuss an Internet service that we have yet to cover in the course that you think is interesting or would be useful in education. Write a two paragraph review for each article. The 1st paragraph should describe the contents of the article. The 2nd paragraph should be your reaction to the article. Do not forget to include the reference cite. Use APA format.
- Reply to at least two postings in a meaningful manner. Be sure to include
your name in the subject line like: Re: There Name - Assignment #2 - Your Name